We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax credit card

Apologies if this has been discussed..

I have a Halifax cc that I use for BT that currently is at zero. I've changed apps to Lloyds as instructed and now am unable to see an offers as it's not a Lloyds cc.

What am I best doing before the time comes that I need to shift some debt? Cancel Halifax card and apply for a new BT cc when needed? Or speak to Halifax and see if they can do a BT over the phone?

Thanks

Comments

  • Isthisforreal99
    Isthisforreal99 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 October at 10:39AM

    Does the Halifax card show in the Lloyds app. I can access my Halifax balance transfer and money transfer offers through the Lloyds app.

  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 917 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Yeah, it does show. Strange, then that you have offers but mine says I need a Lloyds cc for any offers

  • Isthisforreal99
    Isthisforreal99 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I have had all 3 LBG apps for a while know and can access my Lloyds offer via Bank of Scotland app and vice versa. Have you just downloaded the Lloyds app today? Might just take a day or two to fully update.

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,485 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    Or, there may be no offers. Relying on there being a 0% offer to service debt will always backfire when the offers dry up.

  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 2,373 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Typically you get 0% when you open the card as an initial offer and I know Halifax regularly sent fresh offers out after that but as above there are times when they don't have a current offer which is what I guess you are seeing now.

  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 917 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Thanks for the replies. I have time to wait and see if any offers are forthcoming or not. If not, I'll cancel the card as it serves no purpose. A shame as Halifax have always had decent BT offers

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.