We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Old Style Weight Loss Challenge - 4th Quarter 2026
Hi All
Welcome to the 4th quarter Old Style Weight Loss thread for 2026.
Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st October until the 31st December, although I'm sure most of us will stop or pause over Christmas. People we have 12 weeks to fit into those Christmas jumpers!
You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.
As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge and importantly that includes being kind to ourselves 💜 All hints and tips welcomed especially during the current time when we may be reaching for food or aren't able to buy our usual healthier choices.
I'm sure ideas about cheap healthy meals and free exercise ideas will be welcomed at the moment.
Please send me your targets if you are setting one in either lbs or kgs whatever suits you but only in increments of 1/2 or 1 - There is no requirement to provide a target or weekly weight ins and no one has to justify if they chose not to weigh in for any period of time.
Anyone can join the challenge at any point over the next 3 months :)
All aboard and Good Luck 💜
Comments
-
Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2026 - 4th Quarter
01/10/26 - 31/12/26
Imperial (lbs)
please let me know if you want to record in kilos
Ainsty -/STS
Brambling -/10
Brie -/5
Diminua -/-
DundeeDoll -/5
General_Grant -/5
Gingerlily -/14
IzzyBee -/8
jules81 -/20
Katejo -/5
Leftatthetrafficlights-/8
Pixie_Cosmo -/-
Slowdown -/14
Suffolksue -/8
Kilos
Key
😇 = 1lb loss (or kilo)
😉 = 1/2lb loss (or kilo)
👿 = 1lb gain (or kilo)
😪 = 1/2lb gain (or kiloLife shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage - Anais Nin3 -
@Brambling Please add me with a target of 5lb. The word weight in your group title is missing t at the end. Thank you
1 -
please add me with a target of 8 lbs please .Tuesday will be my weigh day
A fresh start !
1 -
Welcome back ladies, thanks for spotting the missing t Katejo
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage - Anais Nin1 -
Hi Brambling, could you put me down for no specific target again? Thank you.
Fashion on the Ration 2026 - 1.5 over.
September Grocery Challenge - taking the month off
Declutter 12 things (net) in 2026 -1 -
welcome back diminua
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage - Anais Nin1 -
hi Brambling could you put me down for 8 lbs please I know I’m one step forward and two back but I wouldn’t lose anything if it wasn’t for this challenge
0 -
Please put me down as STS again. Thank you.
0 -
Hi @Brambling - I'm in again but can't set a target yet as my scales need a new battery! 🤦♀️ hopefully dh will pick one up this week and I'll know what the damage is! 🙄
'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'
GC - October: £39.94/£350
Debt neutral fund - 3/45
'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'1 -
Hi I haven't been here for a long time. I've got a lot of weight to loose.
So between now and New year I will aim for 20lbs please.
I know that's a lot but I am over 28 stone. I struggle physically and via my MH
Look forward to chatting
We are also using lots of tins, food mixes. Random so my food might be weird for a while. I try to max protein. My new love is Lidl Greek yog or cottage cheese with eggs
I tend to buy frozen berries as I am the only one who eats them in the house
Xxx
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

