We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Issue with only half of order arriving
Hi,
I purchased a sofa (singular) from Temu (I know!) about two months ago.
Due to size and weight it was split into two parcels. Unusually sent via two different couriers.
One, sent by DHL arrived in days. The other has never arrived. Meaning I have half of the bits of a sofa, its one of those compressed foam ones so it cannot be opened as once its opened it cannot be repacked as it expands.
That second parcel was meant to have been sent by InPost and I have the tracking details and I have spoken to InPost about it. An order was created to get InPost to transport a parcel but the parcel was never handed to InPost to send to me.
Temu were of no help. Their guarantees proved worthless notably a 15 day no tracking movement refund and their 30 non-receipt refund, neither was honoured despite asking multiple times.
I had purchased this sofa through Klarna so I complained to them and they stopped taking payments while they investigated. Ultimately the result of that investigation was a farce. Saying the item had been delivered and tracking proved that…..though they chose to ignore the whole reason for the problem, that second parcel.
I have now opened a complaint with the financial ombudsman into Klarna’s conduct and failure to refund me for goods either not received or substantially different to what was ordered.
Have I done the right things? Is there anything else i’m missing that I should be doing?
Temu has a system where you can do two things, request a re-shipment or ask for a refund.
After asking for a reshipment several times, nothing was ever sent. I am unable to even ask for a refund via that method as it senses that order for the second parcel and just says I need to wait.
Temu support send scripted replies where the second paragraph cycles between, wait, wait for support to investigate, Talk to the seller (of which there are no contact details), round and round I go with them, never breaking the cycle.
I did say to Temu and Klarna that the part delivered is untouched in its box, as delivered. They are welcome to arrange to collect it anytime but no replies on that either.
It’s been an awful experience and to be fair its my first problem with Temu or Klarna but both have failed me. I have no complete sofa and am out of pocket.
So, 2 months, no sofa, money held ransom.
Comments
-
How much did you pay for it? Can you use the half order? Hopefully you've learnt your lesson with buying anything substantial or pricey with Temu, your best bet is Klarna, sounds like they misunderstand what has happened, your problem is they are not going to give you a full refund as you have half the order, presumably its not possible to send this back? Have you gone through all of Klarnas complaint procedures?
You may end up writing this one off to experience
"You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "0 -
"your problem is they are not going to give you a full refund as you have half the order"
I don't think that is relevant here due to the nature of the order - a sofa. i.e. the half that has bee received is not really usable without the other half.
It's not like the OP ordered 10 of something and received 5, they ordered 1 of something and received 1/2. So now not only do they not have a usable sofa, but they have a large useless parcel taking up space in their home.The important thing is the OP's "about two months ago" - exactly when was the order made? BNPL orders made after 15th July 2026 are covered by Section 75 protections, orders made before then are not. Though they may still be covered by Klarna's own buyer protection agreements (whatever this might be).
1 -
You didn't purchase the sofa (singular) from Temu.
Temu is a marketplace. Who is the seller? It's fine to post factual information here such as trading name and address .
Klarna do several types of loans. What was the specific Klarna product you used (Pay in 3, Pay in 30 Days, or Financing)?
You say you bought 'about two months ago'. What was the exact date of purchase? Specifically, was it before or after 15 July?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
