We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Outstanding rewards

I have a Nat West account that I get rewards for spending etc each month. I am looking to switch accounts however I have £9 outstanding rewards. It seems random when it becomes available. You have to claim this money when it becomes available. I suppose what I’m asking is will I still be able to claim this if it becomes available once I have initiated the switch?

Comments

  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 28 September at 8:22PM

    https://www.natwest.com/myrewards.html suggests can convert them when you're more than £5. The T&Cs say "Rewards will be displayed as ‘pending’ for 35 days [then become available]".

    The answer to your main question is also answered in the T&Cs. "If you or we close your current account in accordance with Your Current Account Terms or your credit card in accordance with your NatWest credit card agreement, then your MyRewards will also close.

    After your MyRewards is closed, you’ll have 90 days to use your Rewards balance.You can only exchange your Rewards balance for money and transfer it into a bank account (the account doesn’t need to be held with the NatWest) by contacting the Customer Service Team"

  • that’s really helpful. Thank you 🙏

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.