We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

vinted withholding monies

I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

I went to withdraw monies I had made from sales last Sunday 20/09 but I was unable to as Vinted advised me that my second name was not on my account and since this differed from my name on my bank account they will not let me withdraw the monies.

I was asked to provide ID but they said their website was having technical errors and I could not veerify. They then said they would add my second name onto my account. I was advised that this will be actioned within 5 working days it has not been 7 and I still can not withdraw.

Could someone please advise me on how to proceed? its now over 100£

Comments

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,263
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    When did you contact Vinted?

    There have only been 5 working days since Sunday 20th and that is assuming you sent provided your ID details on that day.

    Give it a bit more time.

  • Hi there thanks for the reply, I contacted them on the Sunday and I provided ID that day too. I still have not heard any update from them

  • Arunmor
    Arunmor Posts: 918
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Tuesday will be 5 working days. Monday is day zero, patience. And if you annoy them they might ask for more information.

  • Cammie23
    Cammie23 Posts: 9
    Fifth Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

    BBC are running a story on this, some people have thousands stuck in accounts apparently. Lots of advice on what to do on the sad vinted faces website.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.