We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Gatwick south mid term car park
I have used the North terminal Mid stay and it is a very easy walk into the terminal. I see there is now a mid term option for the South terminal advertised. According to the guide its accessed via the South terminal long stay, I've been looking at the map and although its not marked there yet it doesn't look as good as the North version, has anyone parked there yet and how was the walk to the terminal?
Comments
-
According to the website it's the same distance (6 minutes walk for both) but the South terminal parking is generally more of a pain to get to because you have to get across the railway….
1 -
I think its probably walk to the Hilton and cross the bridge from there. I was just wondering which bit of the long stay they are using, it would be nice if it was the section over Eastway from the Hilton but the directions suggest otherwise. It's probably worth the £5 extra to avoid the shuttle bus.
0 -
There has been construction on the right side of the Hilton (as you look from Airport Way) so I suspect it might be located there. Between the Hilton and KFC.
1 -
That would be nice!
The booking gives these directions after entering Long stay south':
Continue through the Long Stay South barriers and follow signs for Mid Stay South parking
Drive ahead and turn right into Parking Zone B, following signs for Mid Stay South
Continue on this road past bus stops 3 and 4
The entrance to Mid Stay South will be on your right.I have had a wander round via streetview and Zone B appears to be at the North end of the long stay next to the railway, so maybe the walk goes into the terminal via the Avis\car hire area.
0 -
With those directions the new Mid Stay car park is not where I thought (to right of Hilton).
It sounds like it is a sectored off area of Long Stay, or a re designated area. Zone B in LS/South is where staff park. Their access point to the terminal is either via the LS bus or a walking cut through via the route in your in your instructions.
If coming into the airport from M23 link then make sure you stay in the left hand lane. The Long Stay (and from your instructions the new Mid-Stay) car park is easy to miss. You need the left turn immediately after the new EV charging garage.1 -
I've seen the staff hopping on to the transfer bus at the first stop, I would imagine they are not too chuffed if their parking zone has moved much further away 🙄
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
