We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Strange Lloyds notification - transaction that hasn't happened
This morning I received a push notification from my Lloyds app saying I had spent £x at Amazon from my current account. I immediately thought it was fraud, since I don't use my Lloyds or Halifax debit cards on Amazon. But on logging in, there was no sign of the transaction in any of my accounts. I messaged Lloyds, and the agent couldn't find the transaction either.
I remember there was an issue recently where people were logging in and seeing other people's accounts. My question is, has anyone else recently had notifications of spending that don't relate to their own accounts? As I'm wondering if this is what has happened here.
Edited to add: I have now found the list of notifications in the Lloyds app, and the notification says:
As you spend
10:31
Club Lloyds
You spent £x at Amazon on your debit card.
(I have replaced the actual amount with x, but it's not a large amount.)
Comments
-
As a declined transaction, could be rep does not have access to security system where it would show.
Life in the slow lane0 -
Ah, that could be it. I wonder if I'm going to have to ring them instead.
0 -
The weird thing is, I don't think I have ever used my Lloyds debit card for anything at all. (I have the account purely for the monthly savers and the free magazine.) I haven't added it to Google Pay either. So I don't know how someone could have got hold of the card details.
0 -
Brute Force. Once they know a valid card No, they can reverse find others.
Life in the slow lane0 -
Was the card frozen?
0 -
Update - the bank rep (in the messages section of the app) has checked for declined payments and it's not showing there either.
Very strange.
0 -
No - but I've frozen it now!
2 -
I had a weird phone call yesterday saying there had been a £700 transaction on my account for Amazon. Press 1 to report.
I didnt press anything. Ended call straight away, and immediately turned my phone off for ½ a hour. To make sure any calls were disconnected.
I've checked my account and no transactions.
So there is definitely an Amazon scam circulating currently.
0 -
That one's been around for many years.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
