We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Santander login issues

Anyone else having issues with Santander? Can't see anything reported.

The app just keeps saying there's a problem and stopping. Going online is also going around in a circle, no error messages but just stays on the sign in screen. Of course if it wants me to verify with the app I'm also snookered.

«1

Comments

  • Yes, web site and app failing to log in for me.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 September at 12:03PM

    DownDetector showing 3K+ reports since 11.25 and rising rapidly (although Santander's own status page shows all is rosy)

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • RedImp_2
    RedImp_2 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Replying to my own post, I now get a there's a problem with the app message

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Web access up and running

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,459 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    App seems OK too.

  • RedImp_2
    RedImp_2 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Not for me

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 September at 3:01PM

    App still not working for me or MrsM on multiple devices. Service status page showing as app problems and Down detector still receiving reports. Web running very slow.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • I am having appalling problems in attempting to open an Everyday Current Account with Santander:-

    I first applied 17 days ago. I have received some 13 emails from Santander. In addition by post I received appropriate debit card & PIN. I received this on the 11th September. I then received 2 letters dated 12th & 15th re switcher service stating that account would be switched on 22nd (Why 2?). Account was duly switched on 22nd and my previous account was closed down and balance transferred. Direct Debits and Standing Orders went through along with credits.

    This week I received Personal ID in the post (19th Sept) - Great.

    However I have not received any security number. I assumed that this would follow on shortly afterwards.

    Basically I can't log on without these details. Their phone lines are abysmal. I have had no reply despite waiting for in total 2 hours to speak to someone.

    I can use ATM to determine my balance however I desperately require to log on to handle my business online and move money in and out accordingly.

    They say a week is a long time in politics, however 17 days is hellish in banking and patience isn't one of my greatest virtues.

  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 30,761 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    It seems unlikely that is related to today's technical difficulties. Perhaps start a new thread about your account opening issues.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,459 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    …although the only advice will be to ring them up or visit a branch.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.