We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cancer patient - life insurance
I have an existing policy, one of those get X amount if you die before you are 70, this ends in a couple of months and I thought I would go for one that protects against inflation, but I'm getting knocked back (they haven't called for my medical records).
Any suggestions for suitable companies that deal with cancer patients?
Comments
-
1
-
It will depend on both your age and whether still having active treatment or in remission.
If you are over 50, you could look at a guaranteed acceptance plan. no idea what they cost.All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.1 -
Thanks both
0 -
They cost a lot because they are the insurer of last resort.
I would suggest the OP considers if they actually still need life insurance? Who is still financially dependent on them and are they not catered for via a spousal pension or other mechanism?
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
