We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Paypal - options for balance transfers
Hi - I have been trying to use my new Balance Transfer CC to pay off my PayPal credit - but it seems I can't - even though there is a Mastercard 16 digit card number. Any ideas how I can sort this? If I request a physical credit card would that work? thanks for any advice x
Comments
-
If it was me I would have gone for a Money Transfer card.
Transfer money from card to bank account then pay off Paypal in normal way.
0 -
As mentioned you need a money transfer instead. Many cards that have a BT will also offer a MT but at a slightly higher fee rate. Check to see if that's possible for you.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅0 -
OR…
Apply for Halifax Clarity.
Transfer money from it to a current account - it's free. Use this money to pay PP.
Transfer balance from Clarity to your new BT card.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

