We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
MBNA cashback credit card - no cashback!
I was looking for a new 'reward' credit card, and based on the MSE website I applied for an MBNA Cashback card. Was approved, got the new card, started to use it for my everyday expenditure, paying off the balance in full by DD. Couldn't see any cashback on the first statement, so contacted them to check. There is no cashback. There are 'smart rewards' - discounts with specific retailers - but you have to subscribe to each reward individually. Very different to the cashback I was expecting.
Not sure how this happened. Did I apply for a specific card, but was approved for a different card, without them explaining this to me?
Comments
-
On your statement is the card title/description "MBNA Cashback" or something else?
Although the cashback rate is so miserly I'm not sure if you'd miss it much.
0 -
Does it pay out only once a year? I think Lloyds Ultra for example, only pays out on 31st December.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

