We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Easy access to sound file
Someone has sent me an audio file by email. I want to download it ( yes it is safe) but have it easily accessible on my home screen not hidden away where I can't find it.
How do I do this, please?
I'm on Android
Comments
-
Home screen on Android (stock Android) as I understand it does not allow files to be put on the home screen. You would have to create a shortcut to the file in question.
Some other launchers may allow this but stock Android does not.
0 -
If it’s a Samsung, download it, open My Files, long-press the file, More → Add to Home screen. If it’s a Pixel, Motorola etc., basic Google Android inexplicably doesn’t let you create a direct shortcut to an arbitrary local file, so you’d need a workaround or third-party launcher
0 -
It's a Motorola so what do I do, please?
0 -
Unless you want to change your launcher to one that allows shortcuts to files on the home screen, I think all you can do is add the file in question as a starred file, then you can get to it relatively easily from the front screen of the Files App.
might be of interest.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards