We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lloyds Bank online

Gonk1967
Gonk1967 Posts: 109 Forumite
10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 24 September at 11:44AM in Budgeting & bank accounts

A couple of thing have started to annoy me recently…

Firstly is that I can no longer rename my accounts (you can still do this with the mobile app for some reason). I have a current account, standard savings account, 5 limited access accounts, and an ISA. It can now get very confusing as previously I had renamed them to what they were "Car fund", "Xmas/Birthday fund". Now I have to guess which one is which.

Secondly, whenever I log in it now insists on sending a passcode after I've already gone through the first two layers of security (password and memorable word). Is anyone else getting this?

«1

Comments

  • J63320
    J63320 Posts: 244 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I’ve been a Lloyds customer since the splitting up of LloydsTSB, and I’ve always had to input a passcode, unless I’ve opted to “remember this device” - which only works until I shut down the browser.

  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 1,272 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 24 September at 11:58AM

    Progress eh,? I have several apps and Lloyds is by far the worst. One thing is when you are on the app and switch to another screen or just look at their notification it logs you off.

  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 24,097 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier

    I'm still logging in OK but the renaming of my accounts means that all my accounts are now labelled Classic. That did cause difficulties yesterday in moving from Classic to Classic.

    I don't see why they can't number them 1, 2, 3 etc

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Secondly, whenever I log in it now insists on sending a passcode after I've already gone through the first two layers of security (password and memorable word). Is anyone else getting this?

    Not just me then !

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    That's because you told it to :) . When you set it up it asks you how long you want it to be before it logs you off (1 minute, 2 minute etc.). You have selected log off immediately and therefore if you move out of the app it logs you out.

    I only know as I had the same until I got a new phone and set it up and realised. I changed it to 1 minute and it's fine now, you can swap into other apps without it logging you out.

  • Barkin
    Barkin Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    One thing is when you are on the app and switch to another screen or just look at their notification it logs you off.

    Settings/auto logoff

  • Gonk1967
    Gonk1967 Posts: 109 Forumite
    10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Ah, cool, thanks. that was another little annoyance, didn't realise you could change it tbh.

  • DREKLY
    DREKLY Posts: 221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 September at 10:24AM

    they have also eliminated the quick transfer ability between accounts,

    which was very useful, now you have to "make a payment"

    the long winded way, same as sending funds to another recipient.

    I cannot imagine why this feature was deleted.

    16 x Enhance 250w panels + SolarEdge Inverter + TREES :(
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 5,176 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Secondly, whenever I log in it now insists on sending a passcode after I've already gone through the first two layers of security (password and memorable word). Is anyone else getting this?

    Very rarely. This is probably because I have got things set so cookies from banks are not deleted automatically.

    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.