We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Tax rebate - anomally?

2»

Comments

  • Gaz012012
    Gaz012012 Posts: 75
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Yes I have the p45 from employer 1 showing that payment and it is dated 21 April.

    As it doesnt show on my P45 from job number 2 or on HMRC app I am not sure best way to go about reclaiming. I could:

    Complete online form amd where it asks for amounts on p45 tp add them.both up.

    I could write a letter enclosing all doxuments but i have read it can take months.

    Call them and see if they understand the issue.

    As I am not currently working I need to be able to obtain as quick as possible as its a significant amount.

  • Isthisforreal99
    Isthisforreal99 Posts: 1,502
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 September at 10:03AM

    I am getting more and more confused. So you now say you have a P45 from employer 1 with a leaving date of 21/4 2026? Does this show on your HMRC account? You said earlier it didn't but with that leaving date it should be on for 26/27? Did you give tge P45 to employer 2?

    What are you work intentions for the rest of the tax year?

  • Gaz012012
    Gaz012012 Posts: 75
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I will summarise below:

    I worked for company 1 and had one payment in 26/27 tax year. This payment was issued to me on 15 April for work completed during March 2026. I received a p45 dated 21 April confirming this amount. I cannot see this employmentfor this tax year in HMRC account, but I see it for previous years.

    I then started job number 2 and i passed the above p45 to them. I left recently and was provided with the second p45. This includes payments from company 2 - but does not show any payments from company 1. Company 2 paynents show in HMRC acccount.

    I am unsure of work plans but do not intend returning.

    As the employer 1 does not show in HMRC account for this tax year I am unsure how to proceed with tax refund.

  • So a P45 for 26/27 has been reported as 25/26 income? What week/month was shown in the P45?

    Sounds like Employer 1 needs to correct their HMRC submissions (unless itvwas a week 53/54 or 56 payment). Maybe you need to speak to employer 1.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,531
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Is there a week / month number on that final payslip ? What tax code was used ?

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Gaz012012
    Gaz012012 Posts: 75
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    There is no week/no but it says pay period 16 March to 15 April 2026.

    Tax code 1257l?

  • Gaz012012
    Gaz012012 Posts: 75
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I have contacted employer 1 who confirm the submission went to HMRC on 10th April for tax year 26/27.

    I am therefore at a loss why this payment does not show on HMRC account.

    If i write to them with the evidence anyone know how long it normally takes to reply, or should i just fill in the online form and where it asks for salary and tax paid from my p45 combine the p45 from both companies?

  • Is the leaving date on your P45 31 March 2026 by any chance?

  • Gaz012012
    Gaz012012 Posts: 75
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Yes it is 31 March which i think is the issue.

    Called HMRC and they have detaiks of all paymentd so thats all good hoeever last payment from employer 1 was indeed allocated to last tax year despite being issued 15 April 2026. This is because emoloyer added leave date oj 31 Marxh. They said I needed to ask employer to change this - clearly they wont put an incorrect leave date so have escalated it and will see what happens

  • Gaz012012
    Gaz012012 Posts: 75
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I am updating in case anyone else has issues and searches - all sorted for me.

    Called HMRC and it was due to leave date of company 1 being 31 March and whilst this payment was 15 April the leaver date overwrote it. Called Friday and have already had call back that its been amended and already shows in online account. Was really impressed with HMRC to be fair

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.