We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Relay parcel drop off shops
I have had two parcels where the shop staff have not bothered to scan the parcel properly , one gave me the parcel without scanning it out and the other hasn't scanned it in so my parcel has no record on their system and has dissapeared.
Relay dont give paper receipts so I would warn everyone to take a picture of their parcel being handed over.
Comments
-
Only used Relay once & they managed to lose the parcel, label got put on a different parcel & my buyer ended up receiving a wooden ornament, instead of a rain jacket! Took nearly 3 months to get sorted & eventually V*nted compensated us both, as Relay didn't even respond. Won't use them again
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys September £124.50
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 441/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 21 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up0 -
As always, there's two sides….
my local relay shop has been great when I've collected my parcels.
I choose them if it's an option as they are cheaper than Inpost.
I don't use them for sending parcels as I use Royal Mail and drop off at my local post office.
It really depends on the quality of staff at your local shop.
0 -
I have been lucky with Relay, I have used them to send and receive parcels with no problems, It definitely depends on who is in the shop,
0 -
I checked with the shop today and explained my issue in detail to the shopkeeper who seemed highy interested in my predicament, until it dawned on me he could not speak English at all and was just nodding along .
Classic ensh#tification of everything we have now .
0 -
"Classic «word removed to avoid profanity»> of everything we have now."
Really?
I think you are being very unfair to shopkeepers generally because you may have had a poor experience in your local shop.
0 -
My local one decided they only deal with parcels at certain times (when I am at work) and the fact it says "until shop closes" is irrelevant.
0 -
Why would they give you a receipt for you collecting a parcel? You have the parcel which is evidence of you having collected it, you dont need a piece of paper as well.
Now they may want a piece of paper from you to confirm you collected it but thats to protect them not you but if they are willing to do it on trust thats their decision to make.
0 -
Well it is something I reguarly come across in my line of work, cannot speak English, have no clue of UK money, where places are in the UK, which county they live , or how things work, it becomes extremely frustrating.
0 -
But not in my experience - and certainly not with 'shopkeepers'..
So please stop tarring everybody with the same brush.
What's the current position with the 2nd parcel?
And as someone up-thread pointed out:
"Why would they give you a receipt for you collecting a parcel? You have the parcel which is evidence of you having collected it, you dont need a piece of paper as well."
0 -
I never said " all shopkeepers " in any of my replies
My OP clearly states " before you hand over... "
One parcel was collected and one was sent. Obviously I dont expect a receipt for a collected parcel .
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
