We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lloyds Cashback and Challenges

friolento
friolento Posts: 4,326 Forumite
1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 23 September at 5:44PM in Budgeting & bank accounts

This is about Lloyds Cashback and Challenges, not about Lifestyle Benefits.

After my Cashback and Challenges had totally vanished, without notice or explanation, over a month ago, some of them have now come back after I raised a complaint (CS, chat, Branch all were unable to help).

Lloyds acknowledged that there are technical issues, told me that I am not the only customer affected, and tried to buy me off with £75 compensation but offered no outlook for an actual fix of the issues, just so they could close the complaint. I declined as I expect the Cashback and Challenges might be worth more than £75 for me.

My cashback offers have now come back but I have yet to use any, so I reserve judgement on whether things are really working now as promised.

The challenges still look dodgy AF. I cannot add a goal - every time I try it, it ends in "Something's gone wrong". I can see an entry for the £1,000 credit check prize draw, and one for my £5 Club Lloyds fee back. The only other new challenge on offer to me is 5% off at UNIQLO when spending 20 times with my Lloyds debit card.

Questions:

  1. can you see any other challenges, if so, what are they?
  2. does the cashback work for you, have you received any cashback?


NB. I had a similar problem with Halifax, who never paid the cashback due, and also suddenly stopped showing the offers. As Halifax is due to close, and it was only minor amounts, I have let this go without complaint. But it hasn't helped my confidence in LBG knowing what they are doing.



Comments

  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 3,124 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 23 September at 6:20PM

    I can see all the cashback offers and have always received the correct amount when I've used them but I don't think I've ever seen challenges, where are they?

  • jankers30
    jankers30 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper

    I've used a couple of recent cashback offers on Lloyd's, Sainsbury's and Tesco fuel, neither have tracked on the app. Will see if they payout but doesn't look promising.

  • GalacticaActual
    GalacticaActual Posts: 437 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Newshound! Photogenic
    edited 23 September at 7:18PM

    I currently have 2 active challenges, same as you. The UNIQLO challenge and a credit score challenge. I have to check my credit score once a month for the next 3 months for a chance to win £1,000.

    There are a few completed challenges, the latest being Visit Rewards 3 times in September (previously 3 times in August). Another one for setting a savings goal in September.

    Also have ~85 cashback offers.

    Challenges.png Challenges completed.png
  • danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 1,885 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Challenges in progress:

    Lloyds_Challenges2.jpg

    Challenges completed:

    Lloyds_Challenges1.jpg

    I've tried the cashback a couple of times but it's never worked so I don't bother with it anymore.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,516 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    My cashback offers did disappear from the app for a while but were visible on the web. They have generally worked - had Ebay fail to track with a "must use this link" offer and Beefeater restaurant didn't track due to the way it was put through the till - the cashback was not available for guest meal deal but I was an "off the street" customer - and they credited me with more than the cashback amount on contacting them. Tesco petrol tracked fine and will be paid end Oct. Challenges are working fine for both me and MrsM.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • crumpet_man
    crumpet_man Posts: 897 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper

    Can you still get the £75 which was offered? I'd be amazed if people are getting anything near that with challenges and cashback.

    Any offers I may have used I have been able to get a better cashback rate elsewhere.

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,326 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks all for your replies so far. There appear to be big differences in what we are offered, even though the Lloyds website suggests that all adults using the Lloyds mobile app can participate in al of them.

    ll.png
  • poblomov
    poblomov Posts: 61 Forumite
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    In addition to the ones mentioned, I have entry into a prize draw by setting a renewal reminder

    Lloyds cashback offers did disappear for a while but have now comeback fully without me contacting them. Halifax ones have always been available.

    Halifax cashback for an ebay purchase in January didn't register so I eventually phoned them up and they fixed it somehow and also paid me manually.

    Recent Sainsburys purchase also didn't register and so I phoned them up again and it's now showing as due

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,326 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 September at 9:53PM

    Recent Sainsburys purchase also didn't register

    Yep, same for me. It was just peanuts in my case, so I didn’t have the energy to chase , especially as Halifax is set to disappear before long. It does leave a really bad impression though about LBG promises, and I will be keeping a close eye on them over the next few months.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.