We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Item no longer meets eBay sizing Policy

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed about 20 items that have been removed from eBay with the note that they no longer follow their 'sizing policy'

I contacted ebay who were slightly helpful

As an example, I had a shirt listed, with the size 16", as per the collar label and traditional UK sizing but this is no good now

How do i change this to suit the new rules

The fact that I don't think I have ever sold any item of clothing to the USA makes this new rule seem a bit strange, but I suppose eBay is an American company

Comments

  • Catonthemoon
    Catonthemoon Posts: 137 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    You’re going to have to change it to one of the options in eBay’s drop down menu…small, medium etc

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    When this was first launched it seemed like ebay were once again following the lead of Vinted- as Vinted implemented this policy earlier this year. In both cases this seems like a very bad change - instead of a nice accurate sizing listing we now have vague terms which are not helpful.

    I know my size in certain brands and I tend to search for a particular item in my size, so for instance I found a coat I loved in M and S a few years ago and since then I have tracked it down both on Vinted and ebay in every single colour available. That coat came in normal M and S sizes 10-12-14-16-18 etc and I know my size, now if I wanted another and I'm browsing Vinted I have to open a listing to see the actual size as there's are lumped together 8/10 12/14 16/18 etc and on Vinted particularly sellers are often very bad at putting any description in so I have no idea which of the 2 offered sizes it is. The same now happens to some extent on ebay .

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.