We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EBay, using combined postage

plumb1_2
plumb1_2 Posts: 4,665 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

hi I’ve sold 2 items to one buyer on eBay, I use evri for postage

In my sold section there’s a link for each item sold to get a QR code, so looks like I can’t combine?
But I have a email from eBay saying ( Ready to dispatch be sure to group all 2 items).

I sold 2 items last week to another buyer (2 separate buys to the same buyer) Got a QR code but the other item didn’t register as sent. So I sent a free gift using the other QR code, so loosing out.

How do I combine postage,

I’ve just checked the sales, and only 1 of the items has paid for postage, so I guess I just use that QR code ? and send both tens together Yes/no ?

A thankyou is payment enough .

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I'd check again on your sold page as my items are always very clear whether there is one lot of postage or 2. If mine are single labels then this bit '


    Dispatch by 25 Sep

    only shows the one item beneath it, If it is a multiple sale then it shows all items included on that label.

    Also as a double check when I then click on get label it shows which item/items I'm sending with that label.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,665 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    IMG_0472.jpeg IMG_0471.jpeg

    one got paid postage and the other is no postage cost, but 2 separate QR codes

    A thankyou is payment enough .
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 September at 6:12PM

    Were both buyer pays? Or was one of them free postage (seller pays)? Are both items simple delivery?

    Generally ebay will distinguish between 'orders' and 'items' and each order will need its own label.

    What does the orders homepage say?.does it show 'get prepaid label" above each item?.

  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,665 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    hi yes both separate items, both buyer pays. Both listed with Simple delivery as that’s what I use all the time now.

    Yes it says both items get a prepaid item, but one of them shows £0.00 postage, presumably they bought it with eBay new time limit rules.

    I posted both items in one package, the one that had paid £2.47 postage, now the other one with £0.00 is still showing get a label.

    A thankyou is payment enough .
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    you need to mark it as despatched and add the tracking number from the other label ASAP - you only get a short window to do that once label has been processed. Otherwise the 2nd one will never show as delivered and you’d lose an INR claim.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    If the purchase had been completed within 'shopping time' the two items should have been grouped as one order....and to add to soolin"s point even if the buyer doesn't open an INR you might find ebay not releasing the funds as the item wasn't marked as despatched.

  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,665 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    sorry to being a numpty, but how do I mark as dispatched, when I click on More Actions I just get the drop-down menu

    Now it’s stating dispatch overdue, supposed that will affect my account?

    If I used the prepaid label will I get charged ?
    Maybe I’ll just have to use the label and send a empty envelope?

    IMG_0478.jpeg
    A thankyou is payment enough .
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I’m sorry I can’t help as I don’t use the app much, I just use it as a back up if I’m away from my PC . It’s much clearer on the actual website.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,665 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I wasn’t aware I am using the app, just have eBay on my iPad

    A thankyou is payment enough .
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    Do you have an ebay icon? Or does it launch through safari or another browser? Personally I use the ebay mobile site but I rarely sell anything larger than a large letter so don't use simple delivery much. If you are on the mobile website you do have the option to switch to classic site, which gives more options but is not suited for mobile/tablet screen proportions....

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.