We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Skiddle refund for cancelled gig
I had tickets to see the Human League in Hitchin on 27th August, but a torrential downpour meant is was cancelled on the night. I was not informed by the organisers and have never had any communication from them. However, I did get an email the following day from Skiddle, who the tickets were booked via, and they stated that they knew it was cancelled and they would be in touch regarding the refund.
Since then, it has been complete radio silence. I am aware of others in the same situation, and no one has received any updates at all. How long is it reasonable to wait? Their customer service is not answering anyone's queries, so we are all out of pocket with no indication of what is happening behind the scenes.
Comments
-
How did you pay? If by credit card you could try getting a refund via that.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1 -
As above, see if a chargeback is applicable. I suspect there's a process going on to get money from promoters back to the ticket agencies, and they'll only refund once they've been refunded.
1 -
Due to the length of time since I purchased the tickets, my credit card is not permitting me to query it. I am just super frustrated that they have been completely uncommunicative on the matter; they didn't even indicate any timescales in the one email they did send. It would be nice to know if we were talking 6 days, 6 weeks or 6 months as an at least rough timescale.
Thanks for the suggestion though :)
1 -
How long since you purchased tickets & when was gig cancelled?
For future dated purchases, you have 540 days from date of debit. to action chargeback.
Life in the slow lane1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
