We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How long do you have to post out an item?

Ordered an item last week. Lots of Chinese sellers but chose a UK based one for quicker delivery. Yeah right!

Checked in with the tracker & it got sent out 1 week after ordering.

Just seems a long time.

🤐🤐🤐

Comments

  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    With you giving no details it is hard to comment, I'm afraid.

  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 5,070 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I sold on eBay last week and had 2 working days to post.

    Felt like a very small window. I tend to post quickly anyway but I do have to do so around work

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,092 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Life in the slow lane
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 19 September at 9:01AM

    I am aware of the seller in this case and they are an unregistered business who look like they drop ship from overseas and from Amazon. Feedback is overall very good but they are huge sellers so the negatives mentioning drop shipping and 2 week delays are lost in people happy with a bargain.

    Ebay no longer seem to act of business sellers wrongly registered, but an INR can still be opened once the EDD has passed and seller can be reported to ebay for various things including misrepresentation.

    Doing a couple of reverse image look ups, a number of their stock photos are taken from Amazon, so they are either selling on there as well and using the Amazon system to ship items more cheaply than they could otherwise or they have just lifted photos or using discounts from Amazon to turn a small profit.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,580 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!

    Another reminder to be very careful when ordering stuff online.

    What might look like a UK based company may not actually be.

  • B0bbyEwing
    B0bbyEwing Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    I didn't know what the forum policy was & since soolin is obviously very experienced with eBay, I gave them the sellers info which is how soolin knows who they are.

    The item actually turned up today, finally. Doesn't seem bad quality, it just took time.

    When I'm posting out I always give a couple days to send things off as I also have to fit around work but can generally get within a 2 day window. A whole week I think is a bit much. I get some people work away but then if it's going to be such a problem then say so in your listing or if you're not away all the time then don't arrange for sales to coincide with when you are away is how I see it.

    But as I'm told this seller is a business rather than private then imo they've no excuse.

    🤐🤐🤐

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    It is more worrying when an obviously large business seller is registered as a private seller .

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.