We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

eBay app on iOS and Android do different things

This may sound strange .. but anyway, here goes.

I usually list as follows

(1) Using a template, I write out most of the text on the computer and save it as a draft.

(2) I take photographs using a mobile phone ebay app, then save as a draft again

(3) Final check on the computer then list it.

Today I have listed two similar things.

First one, I used an old iPhone to take the pictures. Took about 10 pictures, without any problem

The original formatted text was unaffected. Blank lines, bold text was just as it was before

Second one, I used my main phone Xiaomi 17 to take the pictures.

After almost every picture, the app asks me to retake or edit the picture. Taking the 12 pictures seemed to take ages

Then, when I check it later on the computer, all formatting has gone and all sentences just squashed together, with no blank lines etc

What's going on please ?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.