We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Response to CCA request

Hi, I recently sent a CCA request to Advantis who are acting on behalf of Next. I’ve received this reply so I presume I do nothing until I get any further correspondence, is that correct? I’ve had the account since 1996, so whilst it is a long time, it is still with the original creditor. Sorry, I can’t seem to rotate the image!

IMG_0364.jpeg

Find a little bit of joy in every day.

«1

Comments

  • ManyWays
    ManyWays Posts: 2,593 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    That is right. Are you paying anything to this debt at the moment?

  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Thanks! No I’m not currently paying anything towards it.

    Find a little bit of joy in every day.

  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    is there a time limit they have to produce it by?

    Find a little bit of joy in every day.

  • ManyWays
    ManyWays Posts: 2,593 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    It may already be unenforceable, that is 12 working days after they received your request.

    There is unfortunately no time at which point it because permanently unenforceable, even 2 years later it may become enforceable again if they find it. For your very old debt, I suggest feeling pretty optimistic at 3 months and stop worrying about it after 6 months. It may still turn up, but deal with that if it happens.

    How long has it been since you made a payment to it?

  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I last made a payment in October 2025, so it’s got a long time before becoming statute barred.

    Find a little bit of joy in every day.

  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 24,096 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier

    II would be very surprised if they can find an agreement from 1996

  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 3,124 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    So would I, I had a 2001 and a 2004 credit card and neither of those CCAs could be found.

    They often word their replies to make it sound like they'll be able to find it at some point, no matter how likely they think that is. They also often try and mislead people into paying unenforceable debts by saying thing like it remains valid and collectable.

  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    My Halifax credit card I’ve had since 2006, there’s only a small balance on it as I’d balance transferred to another card unfortunately. It hasn’t defaulted yet but when it does, I’ll do a CCA for that one too.

    Find a little bit of joy in every day.

  • I have a 2006 Barclaycard too (my first ever credit card), when that defaults I'll be sure to CCA request it as well as it's maxed out at 9k. Thank you for the real world insight.

  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    so today I’ve had an email from Adventist saying they’ve had a response from Next and asking me to phone them. I’m not going to phone as if it’s important I’m guessing they will write. My question is, do you think it’s a good or a bad thing that they’ve had a response so quickly?

    Find a little bit of joy in every day.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.