We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Notice of correction
I am registered with Experian
Can I make a notice of correction so that any credit card application I make will be declined ? I am impulsive and would like something in place to stop me getting credit or overdrafts. I don't want it to interfere with my council housing application or applying for an energy company
Comments
-
No
Ultimately the decision to accept or decline an application is purely down to the individual lender. Some may ignore all notice of corrections, some may have any with a notice not go through the automated process but be put to manual review and others may decline automatically as they only want simple cases.
There is no difference between a credit card application or for an account with an energy company, they both make their own rules on lending so anything you do that could impact one could also impact the other.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards