We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Regular Mastercard payment started failing suthorisation
I have a service (self-storage) which has been taking the payment from my Mastercard regularly every month without problems.
They recently changed their name, and last month and this month the payments have been refused authorisation.
The card has Secure3D enabled, the supplier says they're using Secure3D, my card provider confirms that there are no issues with the card.
The supplier does not have a way to pay on their website where Secure3D would normally give me an opportuity to confirm. They say I have to get the bank to authorise the transaction, but there's no way to do this when they are taking the payment, I'm not initiating it.
Anyone got any ideas how we solve this?
Comments
-
Think I'd be asking questions about the legitimacy of the storage firm.
Are they going to be asking for cash next?
0 -
If it's a regular payment why are they using secure 3D as that requires your input to approve. (reason it's failing)
They should just be taking it as continuous payment authority (CPA) which requires no input from you.
Life in the slow lane0 -
I've been dealing with them for a number of years, there's no question about their legitimacy, but they've recently changed their system.
0 -
Thank you for the reference to CPA, maybe that's the problem.
This payment has been going through regularly with no issues until now.
I'm not sure what's changed, but when last month's payment failed, the card provider checked the failure reason, and said it had failed secure 3D.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
