We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Returned wrong item to seller !

returned item to seller as not as described - they paid postage both to and from me - only problem is I have posted the wrong item to them !
question - so do I have to now send them money to post the wrong item back to me ( how ? ) and then pay to send the correct item back ?

Would it be worth doing or just cancelling ?

The phone was only £15 free post and the item they actually received I sold to someone else for not £7 including postage - with all the postage back and forward again ,I can’t work out if it would be worth all the hassle for everyone tbh

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    You at least need to ensure seller is not out of pocket. You would need to reimburse them for the postage they paid to get their item back and cancel any SNAD claim you have open. Then whether or not you bother paying to get your item back again is up to you.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks - how should I pay them though to return the item ?

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 September at 7:07AM

    Is this eBay and is there a SNAD case open? If so that will need to be closed, then you need to ask them how much it cost for them to get the original wrong item returned to them and payment for that can be made by PayPal or bank transfer.

    Then ask them how they would prefer to return your item, if they suggest a courier or RM get a label bought and send it to them , make sure they agree which postage option they prefer.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Draqo
    Draqo Posts: 17 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I presume you have messaged the original seller?

    If it were me, I'd pay them to return the item you sent them and then send them the proper item back.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.