We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ticket for stopping outside the car park gates while the car park was closed.

Hi, I am dealing with this for my son. He recently got a ticket for pulling into a car park entrance and stopping. The car park was closed and had been for a few hours. He was stationary for just over 3 minutes while deciding where else he could try to park nearby. The ticket says parking on double yellow lines ( they are all worn away). Foolishly I have already appealed and given his name. On the appeal I questioned if they even own the land outside of the gates, they never answered that. I explained he stopped while deciding where else to park as their car park was closed. I explained he never left his car and never obstucted anyone, also pointing out that their business was shut, so they had lost nothing him being there.

Of course they rejected the appeal. I now need to appeal to IAS and would be grateful for any info. Sorry to ask, but this is quite an unusual ticket. I read a lot of other people's issues and not seen anybody having the same kind if ticket.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I would add they sent a blurred picture of their sign with the t's and c's on, but didn't send a picture of the one confirming that they were closed at the time.

K2RSL2t4ZnA1UzlSTDdNdXpvOWpzc0Vrb3E5RlBZS0pJTjhtMXlrY2txNGkrdDFDeDVRT1NmTktXKzRvTkE9PTo6YzJmMmRmNmE1ZTQwMDYwODgxN2JlYzI0MmNmNjk1MzQ=.jpg
«134

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,184 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Name the private parking company claimant

    Are they writing to you or your son. ?

    Ignore the kangaroo court of the IAS, dont bother with them

    Looking at the picture, I think that the public road stops where the cobbles or paving stones start, so it could be private property

    But

    I think that any defendant would win a court case, so ignore the intimidation

  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 3,609 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Forget appealing to the IAS - they're just as corrupt.

    Your son isn't parked/stopped on the double yellow lines. They should have hatched the entire area. And they're faded, becoming mere graffiti, as a council assessor once said.

    What is the PPC?

    Show us the letter that came in the post, with personal details redacted.

    Did your son admit to being the driver?

    Why are there three signs, with one of them having a nice, inviting P for parking? 🤔

  • Is that bit a private bit of land and if so - how are you able to tell?

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,184 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Name the parking company and the location so people can check GSV

  • Here is the letter.

    14433.jpg
  • I took these pictures, as they only sent a copy of the big one and it was unreadable

    14396.jpg 14397.jpg
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,477 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    I dont see any parking in any of the four areas described on that sign.

  • Altior
    Altior Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    One thing to note, possibly. It appears that nobody is in the driving seat (or passenger) in the first image.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.