We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Car lease extension

My current PCH with Mobilize comes to an end in Jan 2027. I’m looking at applying for a mortgage around April /May 2027.

I spoke to the leasing company today and asked about the possibility of extending beyond Jan 2027, I was told it was too early for them to consider it now and to call back in November. They also said they would have to do another affordability check, I asked if this involved a hard search and the lady was quite vague about it.

I just dont want any hard searches before applying for a mortgage, but would like to extend the car for 6 months so I dont have to find another upfront payment /deposit.


Has anyone else been in a similar situation and know if they quite hard searched ?

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.