We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
No response: No contract
Comments
-
Yet these defences can be done with eyes closed and still won
3 -
For me issuing a forfeit clause for non response was more of a goose and gander. Naively of course, more so trying to elicit any response.
The contract was based upon acceptance by parking, however the offer terms were hidden and unless you entered the interior of the premises you were unable to see the requirement to enter reg to validate parking. so technically 'parking' not leaving the car, but not visiting (wife's visit) I was unable to accept terms because I was unable to read them. They could accept my forfeited terms by not responding.
0 -
Just to say a large thanks and my gratitude for the posts on here and the removal of my personal data.
Your help and assistance has taken a huge weight off my shoulders and I am more relaxed, less concerned and more determined to fight this.
Thank you all.
2 -
If a contract existed then it cannot be terminated or varied by an unanswered email. The defence is to say there was no contract, or particular terms weren't incorporated into it, or if they were, they weren't breached, etc.
I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.
3 -
Understand your perspective, but in reality your 'forfeit clause' unseen by them is only comparable to their purported contract IF it their sign was not reasonably visible to the driver. But if that can be demonstrated then they have no claim and regardless of whether its forfeitted.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

