We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Monday September 14 2026
Comments
-
Morning all (just), thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons.
@camelot1001 - Glad you enjoyed Durham. DS used to work there and always said how nice it was.
@RedRuby1231 - I hope your mum is feeling a bit better today, it's so worrying when elderly parents become frail and aren't coping well.
Oh dear, it sounds as if quite a few of us are under the weather right now! I think I've managed to nip my own cold in the bud and am feeling much better. Yesterday's walk (more like stroll, if truth be told - I don't gallop anymore 😁) was very pleasant in the sunshine even if it was very quiet out. Today is set to be a day of sunshine with a gentle breeze and, for once, the actual temperatures and 'feels like' temperatures match up - around 23 deg.
When I got back from my walk I wasn't inspired to do anything energetic but I did potter around and have sorted out a couple more things for the CS bag. That isn't going to leave the house until next month when I go for my annual eye test (the CS is next door to the optician) but that's OK as it's sitting under the stairs and isn't in the way. I also tipped out the contents of the change jar and have bagged up £15 that I'll take to the PO later in the week to pay into my bank account and then transfer into savings. I want to pop into the next door stationery shop too to see if they have any calendars for next year although might be a bit too early for those yet.
This morning I've stripped my bed and have washed and hung out the sheets while the weather is good. This afternoon I'll re-make the bed; thankfully I haven't had to swap the summer quilt for a duvet just yet so it won't be too much of a struggle. Nothing out of the freezer today as I've some prawns in the fridge that need using up so they'll be for tonight's dinner, maybe a salad or as part of a pasta meal - I'll decide later which I fancy.
Hugs for anyone in need of one, have a good start to the new week and take care. xx
Be kind to others and to yourself too.10 -
@YorksLass re the duvet struggle, can i recommend the inside out Method.
I may have even picked it up from a thread on here.
Basically turn the duvet cover inside out, put the duvet on top. Then roll them both together from the top of the duvet cover (closed end) downwards. I do this on the bed. When you get to the bottom, tuck the roll through the opening and shake it out.
I can do a superking duvet myself using this method.
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
