We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Monday September 14 2026
Good morning all.
Comments
-
Morning All
Thanks for the start Scarlet.
My visit to Durham was fabulous, what a lovely city. Only spent 24 hours there but packed in quite a lot. Visited the cathedral, we climbed to the top of the tower, the castle (it was free as there was a doors open day), the botanic garden and a wander around the beautiful town. Lots of nice restaurants and cafes where we could chat and catch up after a couple of years. My friends moved on to Blackpool to see family and I drove home, didn't really enjoy that as the lights on this hire car are terrible.
Sadly I have a rotten cold so yesterday was spent moping about. I did go to see the little one to give her her birthday presents but didn't go to the party as I don't want to pass it on. It's very covid like, there were a few folk at school with it - just my luck!
Sorry your DM didn't settle Ruby, I hope you can get some more help for her.
How annoying about the jumper Gers.
Back to work today, just this week then a short week next week as it's September weekend.
Take care. XX
12 -
Morning again, it's a dry start this morning, starting to get light.
I didn't get to post yesterday, I hadn't felt well during the night and was up a lot. When I got up at 8.30 I still didn't feel up to much, but felt better as the morning passed. I don't know what it was, I was very cold and shivery and my arthritis pain really kicked in. I'm ok now though.
We spent the morning watching the Great North Run coverage, Ds2 was running, he usually does. He said it was too hot but finished in just under 2 hours.
Not.much happening today,I'm visiting one of my housebound friends, I often do on Mondays. She only lives a few minutes walk away.
Nice to see you back Izzy, Hope you've had a good time.
Sorry to read that your mum hadn't settled well while you were away Red Ruby, it's a worrying time for you. It's sad to see elderly parents deteriorating into anxious frightened people who can't cope with life any more.
Glad you enjoyed Durham, Camelot, it's a nice little city isn't it. It's only a 20 minute bus ride away for us, and sometimes we pop in to stroll about, have coffee, and walk along the riverside.Sorry to see that you have a bad cold though, Hope you feel better soon.
Hope everyone has a good day. Thoughts to those who are poorly or sad.
Take care folks.
14 -
Good Morning,
Hope you feel better soon, Camelot. Durham sounds a lovely city.
SR - glad you are now feeling better.
My cold seems to be on the way out, I am unsure whether to visit mum today or wait until Thursday to ensure that it has fully passed. Decision has been made, I will go Thursday to be on the safe side.
Today will be a pottering around the home as I have not felt up to vacuuming or dusting all week. I also want to tidy up my book case and side table by my arm chair as it has all become very cluttered.
Take care all.
11 -
Morning all
Feels very muggy this morning but is staying dry. Woke up really early again so it's going to be a long day. Am going to have a mooch round big shopping centre to see if I can get some ideas about C-mas and see if there are any yellow stickered bargains in Marks worth having while there. Bedding hung out and will shower in a mo to wake me up properly.
Have a good day all x
12 -
Hi all
Another warm but damp day - yesterday never really got to the su shine that was forecast. Finished up doing mostly indoor things apart from repotting a house plant and taking Bdog out twice.
Camelot - there does seem to be a lot of Covid about - hope you feel better soon.
No plans - again though DM wants to shop for a new mattress, not sure if that’ll be in-person (could be difficult) or online!
AA
13 -
morning everyone thanks for the start scarlet we are the opposite side of Durham to you it only takes us twenty minutes on the bus from this end it is a lovely city but they have made a mess of the bus station bodge job and still trying to get it put right. Got loads of washing dried yesterday bedding towels and clothes it’s going to be nice again today I’m making the most of it I had a long if slow walk with the dog yesterday afternoon there isn’t a bit of grass she hasn’t sniffed I met a few people while I was out and had a bit natter I’m meeting my friend this morning for a walk a coffee and a natter she did the great north walk we hoped to see her when we were in Northumberland but missed her by 15 minutes when we went to put all our things in the cottage I will find out all about it today . When I come back I will take little dog for a walk and I want to wash the paintwork outside and have a good tidy round there will be plenty of time to do inside jobs soon . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
11 -
Good morning
Today's set to be a warm one, maybe the last one of the summer. Rain forecast for tonight.
Yesterday I had the kitchen door open, as usual, when I noticed movement. It was a neighbour's cat who had decided to come and say hello. Not a good idea with big dog about. In the madness that followed bd kicked his water bowl over and soaked my jeans and slippers. Said cat wandered off quite unconcerned. Mrs ND said it often goes into her house, once even settling down in her husband's armchair.
Today I'm off to As*a, they are doing 5p off a litre of fuel when you spend £40. Like Chrisca I'll have a look for some Cmas bits.
@RedRuby1231 so sorry to hear that mum didn't settle in the home, hope now she's home she gets back to normal and if not you can get some help.
@camelot1001 hope you feel better soon.
Have a good day all, hugs to all who need them. Take care.
12 -
Morning all - thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons, hope you feel better today. Same to @camelot1001 and @peony40. Having a cold so early in the season is rotten. I'm so sad to read about your beloved Mum @RedRuby1231, it's so distressing for you. Welcome back @IzzyBee, hope that you're refreshed after the break. Hugs to @newroadahead and @YorksLass too.
The sun came out yesterday for a wee while, doesn't look too promising yet today. I don't have to go out for anything so I'll be slobbing around after doing the exciting job of updating the weekly banking.
Take care everyone - hugs all round. xx
11 -
Morning all
It’s a bit dull and overcast here but no rain atm.
When I went up to mums to do her breakfast yesterday she was not at all well, she looked dreadful and had a high temperature which then dropped dramatically, we phoned 111 and they were worried about cold sepsis so advised us to phone an ambulance, the paramedics arrived very quickly in fact two ambulances turned up at the same time but one went again, they checked mum over and gave her the choice of going into hospital or having more tests done this morning at home, she chose to stay home so we have nurses coming today to do blood and urine tests, she really did look poorly, once they had gone she went to bed for a few hours and then I took her a dinner up, I’m hoping she managed to eat some of it, I’m going there shortly so will see how she is. We did a Covid test which was negative.
Dinner tonight will be burger in a bun with chips, nice and quick.
DD is finally having her tooth implant put on this afternoon it’s been a very long process!I hope those with colds etc feel better soon xx
Have good days all and take care xx
11 -
Morning folks and thanks SCARLET. There sounds to be a lot of colds doing the rounds on here just now. I hope everyone is soon on the mend. I feel for you RUBY, I know what it's like trying to cope with an elderly parent with health problems.. I went through it myself with my own DM and hope I just go peacefully in my sleep when my time is up.
We too are promised a nice mild day but the rain that is never far away these days is due back in the early hours and lasting into tomorrow. There's never two days alike is there after the long hot summer - now a distant memory!
I should really make the effort to go down into town at some point today as I have my shipping order to collect from B**ts. I am on the verge of running out of one of my tabs so needs must. Whilst in there I want to do a re-stock of hair colour as my white roots are on the move again.
Have a good day folks if you can with ((HUGS)) for all in need. Take care all, stay safe x
.
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"11
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

