We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Amazon verification. What do they want?
I've had the emails from Amazon wanting me to verify my selling account. I'm stuck at wanting to know what they want regarding business documents. I have sent everything I have regarding self assessment including statements, final calculation, everything and they just keep rejecting them with generic emails not explaining why they have rejected and what it is they actually want. I'm not VAT registered. I have sent the UTR letter but that was from years ago and I presume too old.
Has anyone any experience on this or any ideas?
Comments
-
They've finally accepted verification. I just sent a standard letter from HMRC regarding my self assessment and wrote statement on the top.
1 -
Just out of morbid curiosity, are you a sole trader or limited company?
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.0 -
Sole trader
0 -
I am well out of date so my post is almost certainly off topic.
However I used to sell mainly books on Amazon with a paid for account, some (many ) years ago they changed something and I had to re verify myself and I hit an absolute brick wall. I am a sole trader I trade under my own name and my bank account is in my name - and Amazon refused to accept my verification as on there I was using a made up account name like Soolin's books. The help desk told me that I only had to verify my actual name registered with them - not the made up account name, told me there was no reason why it wouldn't go through. I tried for 6 or 7 weeks and just kept getting a refusal as my bank and ID needed to show my Amazon user name 'Soolin's books'. Yet my registration with Amazon showed my correct name and address and had previously been accepted.
I gave up after I realised how much stress it was causing me , switched my entire stock to other sites, mainly ebay, and also started clearing several thousand books as they were very poor sellers - and I've never sold on Amazon since.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
I was tempted to do that for how little I sold on there. The letter they accepted in the end, I'm sure I'd sent before but I just wrote statement on the top this time and they accepted it. Makes me wonder whether it is all automated/AI and a human never sees it.
0 -
It's generally automated and occasionally gets seen by a human. I had repeat rejections for something a few years ago. It turned out the problem was that one file was in the wrong format, they didn't have any way to let me know, it was only when I managed to speak to a human who looked at the files that they discovered it.
Once you get in a loop of rejections it can be infuriating. At the time of mine it was a security check as an existing seller, so whilst it wasn't confirmed they were holding all my money..0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
