We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pet Insurance

So I received my renewal quote today from PDSA for £309 (up from £238 last year), no claims for my 9 year old dog, I have been with PDSA for many years and expected an increase due to his age and that other people would have claims effecting the operating cost of PDSA

But then I thought lets do a comparison (like for like cover), I checked everything twice and hit the submit, the quotes ranged from £108 but the exact same cover from PDSA on the comparison site was £168

I have contacted them asking for an explanation and will turn off the auto renew but wondered about this, is the norm with Pet insurance

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.