We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Safety Recall record - issue?

bairn7
bairn7 Posts: 583 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Hi all

I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can help me. I have a Citroen C4 that had a safety recall which I got fixed in April. I'm trying to sell the car now but the DVLA online records still say that there is an outstanding safety recall.

I've spoken with the dealer/manufacturer who confirms that there are no outstanding recalls and they are adamant that I need to speak with DVLA/DVSA. They say they cannot help any further as the recall has been removed from their system on completion.

I called DVSA who say they don't deal with recalls.

I called DVLA who say they can't help and that I need to speak with the manufacturer.

Who is right? And how can I best go about fixing this. I thought it would be Citroen but they are adamant that there is nothing more they can do?

Thanks

Comments

  • I always insist on confirmation when a recall has been carried out. I've never had a Citroen but for the future....asking for paperwork or an email provides proof the work has been done.

  • bairn7
    bairn7 Posts: 583 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Thanks. I do have proof that the work was done. Just want DVLA's system to reflect that as I'm guessing buyers will question whether there is further work required. DVLA's system doesn't elaborate on the nature of recall so I can't point to that (and my receipt) to prove that there is no outstanding issue.

  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    There is no link between dealers and DVLA to update individual records. There are millions of vehicles which will have a similar warning which are a reminder come MOT time, not a reflection on the vehicle condition.


    If selling privately you have the info it has been done, if you are trading it any recalls are an issue for the dealer.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.