We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Should I be worried? Mortgage back in assessment.

DecoChicken
DecoChicken Posts: 10 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 10 September at 10:25AM in House buying, renting & selling

I’m currently in the process of getting a JBSP mortgage with my daughter (the SP of the mortgage). It had gone through assessment, the offer made and we had the forms sent to us.

I noticed that they had left off one of my middle names and were referring to me as Miss (I married a couple of years ago but never took my husband’s name.) I took that up with bank who said contact the broker, which I did.

Clearly the broker is/has been on holiday (unless she really did have meetings every day/was out of office/just popped out on all the times I called and chased) as it has been a couple of weeks since then and now the bank has moved the mortgage back into assessment. The broker says they are requesting my latest payslip.

Is this normal? The broker said it’s unusual. Should I worry? Does this mean they are uncertain of the mortgage and even if once again approved, they will withdraw again, perhaps between exchange and completion?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.