We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Who is responsible for chasing next day delivery?
I purchased a gift online on Monday from Pandora. It is for a birthday tomorrow (Thursday) so I selected next day delivery. The cut off time was 4pm and my order went through at 3pm. I received notification that the parcel was with Amazon Shipping for delivery. Tuesday came and went and there was no delivery. Today, I got a text to say it would be delivered between 1.30 and 4.30. Not only did I spend the afternoon in the lounge so I could see and hear any delivery but I also have a ring doorcam so I can prove there was no attempted delivery. However, at 4.10 I received a text stating that they had attempted delivery 2 mins earlier. I contacted Pandora customer services online chat (phone lines close at 4pm) and the AI put me through to a human rep. I explained there were 2 issues: the next day delivery didn’t happen and also I still didn’t have the parcel. She told me to get in touch with Amazon regarding both issues. I reminded her that my contract is with Pandora and therefore they need to take it up with Amazon and also they need to instruct Amazon to deliver it today. She told me not to worry and to contact Amazon. The Amazon Shipping link says to contact Pandora. So, I just want to check, who is responsible for dealing with the fact that they did not meet the next day delivery that I selected at checkout?
Comments
-
Assuming you bought the item direct from the Pandora website, then Pandora contracted the courier and it is their responsibility.
1 -
yes, it was from the Pandora website.
1 -
Definitely Pandora but that isn't going to help you if they are not playing ball. It would be worth contacting Amazon anyway because it looks like they won't and then have the argument with them later
0 -
Did you check thst next day delivery is avasilable for your postcode?
https://help.pandora.net/uk/s/article/Next-Day-Delivery-Exclusions
0 -
Even if it wasn't, they claimed they attempted delivery on the Wednesday, a couple of days later, despite the OP being there with a doorbell camera that would pick up any delivery attempts.
0 -
Which is a different arguement.
0 -
No one is obliged to chase the courier, in most cases it's you that has the most interest in the courier being chased.
Pandora would be the ones legally liable to you for a failure but they may decide it's more cost effective to simply refund the delivery fee than it is to attempt to chase the courier. Pandora have more sway over the courier than you, they are the couriers customer not you, but dont over estimate the importance of a single delivery to either an organisation the size of Pandora nor Amazon.
Presumably you knew at least a year ago the birthday was coming up so ordering the present the afternoon before is always going to be risky. Most T&Cs say next day isnt guaranteed and their liability is simply capped at the fee charged for the express delivery.
0 -
If you paid extra fpr next day delivery. Then you would be entitled to a refund for the difference between next day & normal delivery cost.
Life in the slow lane1 -
It is, but whether they offer next day delivery is larely immaterial when they faked a delivery attempt the next day anyway.
0 -
To be fair the OP said they ordered on Monday for a birthday on Thursday.
They opted for next day delivery but gave themselves leeway.
Next day delivery didn’t happen. Supposed 48 hr delivery attempt was false.I think suggesting they should have planned a year ahead is a bit mean.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
