We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Royal Mail - not even garbage service

13»

Comments

  • Actually got some mail this afternoon. One from the bank was dated 24th Aug. Normally I get bank correspondence within 5 days. A letter from the US had been sitting at the local sorting office for three times longer than it had taken to cross the Atlantic. Whether all my mail has now been delivered I don't know.

  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 13,225
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Although of course that means even less income for RM, so the fixed cost of postage infrastructure being spread over even fewer letters. Making their situation even worse.

  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 38,278
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    i’ve had two “something for you” cards with a QR code to scan.
    Apparently, neither of the codes actually exist so I have no clue whether they’re going to try and redeliver or whether I need to go to the sorting office

    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

    Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,326
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I get text messages with a link to the correspondence as well as text reminders of appointments.

    I am with NHS Scotland.

  • ChrisJJ
    ChrisJJ Posts: 279
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    It's the same here - we're lucky if it's one delivery a week. Letters and time sensitive publications routintely arrive late. The Radio Times, which used to arrive every Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest, now doesn't arrive until the following week, but which time we've missing two or three days of TV and Radio Listings.

    A letter from my credit card company didn't arrive, so I contacted them and they sent out a copy. Both letters arrived together in the same post.

    And like a previous poster, there'll be a bundle of envelopes all in one delivery. As if RM is saving them up until they can be bothered to deliver.

    I have complained multiple times and the responses are useless. I even escalated the complaint but the response said nothing of note; no clarification as to what was really happening.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.