We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Where to download Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac?

I've lost access to the App Store and don't seem to be able to get it back, so is there any other (safe) location where I could download the free Bitdefender Virus Scanner for Mac? Thanks.

Comments

  • Flyingkidney
    Flyingkidney Posts: 33 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    https://www.bitdefender.com/en-us/consumer/virus-scanner-for-mac
    Should link you to the App store..

    If you can't access the Apps store you could contact Bitdefender to see if they have a secure Mirror site.
    You'd need to allow your mac to use software not downloaded via the app store which is under security settings if I remember

  • I did contact Bitdefender to ask about downloading it outside of the App Store. Their reply was just "we do not recommend downloading it from a third party website" and I should contact Apple to regain access to the App Store.

    So I'm still looking for alternative ways of downloading it.

    Also, if anyone could recommend alternative free anti-virus software I could download without having to get it from the App Store, I would be interested to know about that.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.