We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Porsche electric charging glitch?

GDB2222
GDB2222 Posts: 27,296 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

I needed to charge my EV (not a Porsche), so I used the Porsche charger in the hotel car park. I plugged the lead in, and started to download the Porsche app, so I could pay.

I was getting annoyed with that, as it wanted me to register, etc. Then I noticed that charging had started without my registering or paying. It charged the car overnight. So, I seem to have, unintentionally, got a freebie from Porsche. I'm perfectly happy to pay for the electricity but there doesn't seem to be any way to do so.

That's clearly no way to run a business, so what went wrong (or right depending on point of view)?

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?

Comments

  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,142 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    Was it a premier inn? I've had a couple of freebies from them, something to do with the charger settings I would guess - I didn't want to question it so I haven't asked.

    I've also heard stories about people entering the wrong location/charger code in apps and unwittingly paying for someone else to charge their car….seems unlikely but I guess it could happen.

  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 27,296 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    It was a hotel belonging to the National Trust, but the EV charging was nothing to do with the hotel.

    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.