We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What to do with insurance and NCD? (Second Car)

madhatter83
madhatter83 Posts: 98 Forumite
Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 8 September at 12:04PM in Motoring

Ok so I just found out NCD cannot be used on two cars, My wife is currently learning how to drive, and I am teaching her (alongside her lessons with an instructor) in our Suzuki swift (my current car and the policy i have 8 years NCD with) This car will be transferring to her ownership when she passes her test.

I have just bought a second car for myself that costs more to insure, so I could do with those NCD on this new policy, but for the moment i need to run two comprehensive policy's.

If i change my current policy to 0 NCB, can I then use the 8 years I currently have with the new car? Anyone else been in a similar situation? I dont want to lose my current NCD when I end up canceling a policy due to going back too one car in my ownership.

122k mortgage started 10th June 2022. Outstanding balance - 99.7k
Mortgage overpayments in 2022 - £3515
Mortgage overpayments in 2023 - £600
Mortgage overpayments in 2026 - £2700

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.