We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Return never received but from 2 years ago

I am still being charged for an Ipad that I returned in 2024 to a mobile phone company. I have now been asked for confirmation of delivery from the return but this is not possible due to the time that has passed - I have the original receipt of postage and return request but nothing to state it was received. This may be my fault as I should have checked it was received at the time, but I received an email a few days later saying my order had ben modified - I assumed this was due to the return. I now realise this email was about something to do with my phone instead and you can't track parcels after a certain amount of time. Do I have any chance of being refunded for the airtime and device that was never used and to get out of a contract for another 2 years? I have been trying to resolve this for a while -we will never know if the return was not processed or if it was not received.

Comments

  • Okell
    Okell Posts: 3,931
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Might be helpful to give a chronology of events…?

  • MyRealNameToo
    MyRealNameToo Posts: 5,255
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Did you arrange the return or did the vendor sort it? If its them you only need to show you sent it

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,155
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Did you not notice you were still being billed for 2 years?

    Life in the slow lane
  • rollingmoon
    rollingmoon Posts: 318
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You didn't check that the iPad was returned successfully, you have no tracking evidence and it appears from what you've posted that you didn't check your bank statements for payments still going out… based on this I would say that you have no hope whatsoever of getting a refund.

    If you ask nicely they might make you some sort of goodwill payment, but if they haven't had their iPad back I very much doubt that would work either.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.