We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Dcb legal letter of claim
Hello experts. First post on the forum and I was just after some advice/clarification.
I was sent a letter of claim by dcblegal asking me to pay £170 pounds for a parking "offense" 6 months ago (I parked at a shopping mall and was passing time as my wife got her hair done and I didn't realize I overstayed).
The letter was sent to my current address 6 months after the visit (I had moved some point last year and updated my license at this time ***important for later, I didn't update my logbook which I realized after replying to their letter of claim ***).
I followed the advice in the newbies forum and replied with the template provided requesting evidence and highlighting this was the first contact I had received (which was true, this was the only letter they sent to my new address) and that I won't be paying
Included in their evidence is a notice to keeper and a postage certificate which has been sent to my previous a week after my visit asking for £100
I accept it's a mistake on my side not doing my due diligence to update my logbook but I just want to know if there is any action I can take at this point to reduce the excessive amount they are asking for
Thank you.
Comments
-
Errrm …reduce?!
…you won't be paying! You'll never pay a penny and you don't seem to know that.
Read the DCB Legal discontinuations thread by @Umkomaas and put your wallet away.
Which parking firm?
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1 -
The parking firm is parkmaven
1 -
No worries at all. Read Umkomaas' thread now?!
😀
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2 -
Thanks for the reply.i have gone through the first few pages of the thread and can see the people receiving discontinuations but I am still unclear how to proceed. Do I just ignore their reply and wait?
0 -
Did dcblegal really use the word "offense" (or "offence") in their letter?
2 -
Yes you just wait for the claim, which is the end game. Everyone gets a discontinuation in the end if they defend a Parkmaven /DCB Legal claim.
This will all end in 2027 with you paying nothing.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

