We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
item marked as delivered but it wasnt
Comments
-
Opened a case but havent heard anything yet. The seller has 98% feedback, the only negs are with regards to delivery from Inpost. TBH, this is an inexpensive item but I am going to continue as much as possible because if Inpost get away with it, next time it could be something more expensive, I buy lots of stuff from ebay.
0 -
Out of interest has the seller re input the tracking number in the case or have they ignored the case entirely? A couple of years ago I did read a case on a seller forum where they had not responded at all to the case and despite the tracking showing on the original sale buyer was refunded. Seller did get their funds back though after arguing with eBay that they had seller protection and didn’t need to add anything to the case and eBay agreed , but since then I’ve always re input the tracing in the case, just as a precaution. I wondered if this still might happen.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
I do wonder what would have happened if the buyer had acknowledged signing for the parcel but reported that the item was missing from it...or they had received rubbish to the weight? Obviously there is no way anyone can prove what was inside the parcel.
0 -
Then buyer would have to go down the SNAD route , which can be tricky but not impossible.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
had a message from ebay saying the case is on hold they have asked the seller to investigate. If nothing else I hope this encourages him to use a different courier
0 -
My INR case closed yesterday and the message said something like thank you for your patience, the case has now been closed and any funds that have been held are available for withdrawal. It also says that any feedback left by the buyer will be removed (which is always the case when a seller wins an INR)
It doesn't say anything about whether buyer also got a refund or anything.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
Received a refund, not sure if from the seller or ebay. I think I am going to reinstate my doorstep cctv with Xmas looming. A few months ago, I ordered two items from Amazon, different sellers, they were both notified as delivered at the same time. Driver only deliverd one item but used the same photo to state both items delivered.
0 -
It's becoming increasingly common that items are not being delivered to the correct address or left with an unknown neighbour or in an unknown place and being marked as delivered. It's across all couriers too. My latest is with Royal Mail. The tracking image shows an item delivered to a dustbin. I've also had it happen to me with a delivery going to a neighbour that we couldn't find. As long as the delivery companies meet their target stats, there's not really anyone who's going to care if this happens to an odd one here and there.
.0 -
I predict eventually that there will be no home deliveries and everything will be delivered to pick-up points. I tend to do that now, where possible, due to things mentioned above. I think the couriers are subtly trying to send us that way by leaving parcels on doorsteps etc.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
