We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Ebay buyer refund from seller question ?
I bought an item from off ebay and found it was faulty and not as described, however im willing to live with the fault as i rather like the item, i explained to the seller, he offered me this reply, can you explain to me exactly what the seller means, is it i can keep the item and seller will give me money back ? : I confirm this item was used by myself before being advertised on Ebay, at which time there were no signs of screen burn. My offer of a full refund, including buyer protection and postage, will remain open until 5pm 19th September 2026. If you still decide not to accept that offer, with your permission, I propose that I pay to you the equivalent of 50% of the purchase price to compensate you for the merchandise which has turned out not be the item advertised. Regards etc
Comments
-
My offer of a full refund, including buyer protection and postage, will remain open until 5pm 19th September 2026. If you still decide not to accept that offer, with your permission, I propose that I pay to you the equivalent of 50% of the purchase price to compensate you for the merchandise which has turned out not be the item advertised. Regards etc
Full refund if you return it, or 50% partial refund if you keep it. I think.
1 -
That's what it sounds like. From the seller's perspective they might prefer you to open a case as faulty then offer a partial refund as a solution, to create a paper trail.
If 50% is acceptable to you ask the seller how they want to proceed.
0 -
This is another reply from the seller… i must be thick, are they saying if i keep the item i will be refunded —
As stated: my offer of a full refund, if the item is returned to me, will be available to you until 5pm 19th September 2026. If you have not accepted that offer (by returning the phone) by 5pm 19th September 2026, (that is: you have decided to keep the phone), then I would like to compensate you by paying to you half the purchase price, plus half of the buyer protection fee, plus half the postage charge0 -
if you want to keep the item. Tell the seller asap you wish to accept there 50% discount. If not then arrange to return the item for a full refund.
Don’t wait till 19th sept as I’m guessing the 30 day ebay window will end and then you’ll be stuck with the item and no discount either.
From the message there is no mention of keeping the item and getting 100% refund.
0 -
Iv excepted the partial refund, it's been sent to may bank, awaiting conformation email.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards