We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Car purchase Section 75 claim advice
Comments
-
I don't believe that this battery issue has been mentioned previously in the thread? The impression given was simply that a partial refund was being offered because of mileage, but are they actually challenging whether or not you have the right to reject at all (if not, why are they bringing it up)?
1 -
It would have been better to stick to the one thread.
more information here
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6665078/bought-a-car-from-a-dealer-and-discovered-several-faults-what-should-i-do/p1
1 -
Yes, I didn't give a full account in this thread for the sake of brevity, but there is a fuller account in the other thread linked to above (although the info is now somewhat out of date).
Their current stated reason for the partial refund is the mileage. However at other points along the way they have sought to blame me for causing the serious engine faults because I replaced the battery.
Long story short is there were a series of problems in the first month. The battery dying was one. I had it replaced at Halfords with a good quality replacement. After they blamed me, I went back to Halfords, spoke to the manager and got written confirmation that the battery is correct and was coded correctly. It's not the battery. Separately, I had an independent inspection report done by a mechanic, who confirmed a range of different issues unrelated to the battery. There was also about a 2 week gap between the battery replacement and engine issues (although again all within the first 30 days).
0 -
3 pages in & a massive fly in the ointment is just posted.
Could void any S75 claim.
Hope CC know that you did this. One reason to always stick to one thread, so ALL details are in place.
know with Kia they have some electronics on battery fittings, which are easily killed by getting things wrong.
Life in the slow lane1 -
I doubt it because the bank have had the complete picture since day one, including all correspondence between me and the dealer, and a full record of each issue that arose, including the inspection reports etc. And the dealer is no longer even maintaining that I caused it with the battery replacement. They dropped that line after I got the verification from Halfords and the independent inspection report. Also it's not a Kia.
My point is just that they have sought to delay at every opportunity.
1 -
Yet a week later you have not taken their advice & taken the dealers offer 🤷♀️That is not the bank delaying.
S75 has no timescale. It takes as long as it takes.
Life in the slow lane1 -
The whole point of the thread is to query whether I should accept that offer. As the previous responses show, there are different views on whether that is a good idea.
1 -
Public forum will pretty much always give different opinions.
Follow banks advice.
Life in the slow lane1 -
So blindly follow the advice of the party with the largest financial stake at risk?
0 -
Then what do you propose to do?
You need to decide on way or the other.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
