We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Dealing with Marston Recovery - Some Questions

I have been informed to my surprise that Marston Recovery are pursuing over £400 for a traffic violation. I did not receive a PCN, or any of the subsequent correspondence

After a phone call with a very aggressive enforcement agent, I was able to obtain the PCN number. But oddly enough, after a phone call to the Courts and Tribunals Service Centre (CTSC), they were unable to find any kind of court order against me. I thought it was some kind of scam at first, but the agent has since provided a PCN number and I was able to verify with the relevant council that the case has been sent to Marston.

I intend to settle the payment, and to submit TE7 and TE9 forms. I had two questions:

Should I:
(a) Pay first via the Marston online service and submit TE7 + TE9
(b) Submit TE7 + TE9 first, then wait for resolution before settling with Marston

Another question: I would like to view the case details. The agent doesn't seem to be able to give me a unique reference number (URN) for me to check with the CTSC. I know one can view "case details" via the Marston App, but it requires accepting a very dodgy privacy policy. Avoid?

Comments

  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 23,478 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Cant answer your questions but have you checked your V5C to see if it contains your current address?

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,326 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 September at 12:22PM

    As above, missing paperwork is usually due to the RK not updating their v5c promptly after moving, but as its a council matter then I strongly suggest that you post your query over on the FTLA parking forum website after reading their posting requirements first

  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 44,990 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    in terms of actually dealing with bailiffs, make contact with 'Bailiff Advice Online'. Sheila, who provides this service, has an extremely good reputation for assisting people with bailiff issues. 
    Calls and the email enquiry service are free.
    Here's your link:
    http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk

    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

    #Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 3,646 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 5 September at 9:58PM

    Before you do anything you need to move and hide your car or else it will be gone at 6am tomorrow.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.