We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Business Price changes Royal Mail Oct 26
Comments
-
This isnt very accurate. as i say if i want to send 2kg Small parcel
Online personal customer £3.65
Standard OBA Customer £4.15 +VAT+green/peak/fuel surcharge
I dont understand why they wont give discounts to businesses.
0 -
Maybe I have slightly different figure to you is the "Online personal customer" is 0-1kg and the "Standard OBA Customer £4.15 +VAT+green/peak/fuel surcharge" is a 2kg parcel?
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.0 -
No its the main price available
https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2026-03/online-price-guide-april-2026-v1-ta.pdf
Tracked 24 Tracked 48
Small Parcel 2kg £4.65 £3.65page 16
Royal Mail 24 Royal Mail 48
2kg £5.75 £4.15 (+VAT+green/peak/fuel surcharge)0 -
I suspect the increase for standard 1st / 2nd class parcels is to try and price it out of the market in favour of tracked 24 / 48 as standard must have an increased processing cost / difficulty over end to end barcoded parcels especially if handwritten & stamps. Even as a standard consumer I now use online postage and print a 6x4 label for all my parcels.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1 -
One marketplace I sell on has RM Tracked 24 and 48 large letter now available and their prices are impressively low. For Tracked 48 it's about £1 less than my account and actually seems to be getting delivered sooner.
The disparity on prices between retail and some available on accounts is quite large. It can be much less than half price..0 -
Do you mean it's a shipping solution provided by / through the market place?
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.0 -
Yes. It's only for larger sellers so it's obviously high volume but it's considerably less than on Amazon or Ebay. I just find it odd with the big difference in price. They're not offering a better/different service. It looks to me like they're trying to pick up on the Evri end of the market by undercutting them here.
.0 -
I just find it odd with the big difference in price.
They're not offering a better/different service.
Maybe they are getting the contracted rate (which is the only way I could get it cheaper with RM)
and they are passing on that discount straight to you.
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.0 -
It's more the other way around I find odd, ie that RM charge less for the same thing. When they collect batches from an Amazon warehouse that saves them time with the other marketplace it's just random amounts from random sellers.
I have had conversations with RM where they can't get my account to match these other prices.
.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
