We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Currys Refusing Refund - What can I do?
I brought an Apple Watch that stopped working properly after a few months. I asked if I could have it repaired or replaced through their online chat. They could not do a replacement as it was out of stock, but offered a refund if I sent it back. They organised the return with DPD. I packed it all up in the original packaging and packed it up securely.
I received confirmation from DPD that it had arrived at their warehouse. I chased the refund after 14 days and was told they had a record of the item arriving, but it was now lost. They launched an investigation and told me to wait another 14 days.
They emailed me a week later for more information - in the email it said I was claiming a completely different item had never arrived at my house! I had no idea where any of these details had come from.
After straightening that out (another infuriating time in their phone system!), I was then told that the package had never been lost. Instead they're now claiming that it was opened on arrival and there was nothing inside the packaging. I asked why they had no started an investigation then, or why I was not informed. They just keep going round in circles.
I don't know what I can do? I promise I put it in the package. Their constantly changing story is making me doubt this latest claim. Does anyone have any idea on rights or things I can do?
Comments
-
how did you pay?
2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32
0 -
I paid with their FlexPay and paid it off within the interest free period. When I initially questioned if I could have a refund as that was how I'd paid, they said it was fine and would go back as credit on Flexpay.
0 -
Thank you for replying as well!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
