We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Scarifying dead lawns after summer drought
When can I scarify my dry brown lawns.
A few green shoots showing after a little rain. The dry dead grass is forming a mat and I'm thinking more rain would get into the earth if i remove this.
Is this a good idea or too soon?
Comments
-
If you scarify now you will loosen the grass root and pull a lot up.
Leave the lawn to green up naturally then mow and scarify. That will give chance for the roots to swell and rejuvenate and the plant strong enough to produce shoots.
About 7 days of rain and my lawn is half way recovered.
I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!
viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on
The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well
3 -
I'm amazed how my dried out yellow hay like grass is magically turning green again after a few days of rain. The power of nature.
0 -
Mine's coming back a bit patchy. I do have a powered lawn rake but won't be using it while the lawn is in its current state.
Probably putting a few holes (aerating) the lawn might help but I think the rake would do more harm than good.
0 -
Mine has a few green shoots but that's all. Need much more rain in my part of the country.
I also have an old electric lawn rake but it sounds as if it's too early to scarify. Thanks
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
