We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax to Lloyds - App notifications issue?

Oh hello,

Just wondering if anyone else's app notifications have stopped since being moved from the Halifax app to the Lloyds app?

Brand new Android phone I bought earlier this year on latest OS and app versions etc.

I don't need techy advice as I work with phones, I just want to know if it's just me its broken for or not please? :-)

Thanks!

Comments

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,485 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    Nope, if anything for me they have actually got better. Have you checked within the app they are actually switched on?

  • This is what I did yesterday, after receiving an email from Lloyds about Halifax notifications.

  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 5,492 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I seem to be having issues with Rewards. The same ones appear in both Halifax and Lloyds, and when I activate one in one it also activates the same one in the other. Never used to do that, and I went to Harvester a couple of days ago and used my Halifax credit card for the 8% cash, and now the offer's disappeared from the Halifax app, but is still there in the Lloyds

    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,515 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 3 September at 11:13AM

    The rewards have been linked and common across all 3 brands, Lloyds - Halifax - BOS, for a while now and you can select any one of the accounts / cards across all the brands to receive the cashback. If you have multiple accounts selected for the different brands the system will select the one it is going to pay into in future. There may be a difference if the brands are not seeing you as the same person. Disappearing from one is strange, they don't normally disappear when used.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 6,868 Forumite
    Twentieth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 3 September at 11:00AM

    I moved to a Lloyds card as the cashback was better for first year - leaving the Halifax one dormant, and ditched the Halifax app too.

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,777 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Halifax offered me an enhanced 0.5% cashback on mine, runs to December I think or maybe end of December, bit of a boost vs Lloyds Ultra which ends for me in October

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,326 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    The rewards have been linked and common across all 3 brands, Lloyds - Halifax - BOS, for a while now

    This is not the case for everybody.

    I have no rewards at all in BoS.

    Until last week, I have seen some same, some different rewards in Lloyds and Halifax. Lloyds selections didn't show in Halifax, and Halifax selections didn't show in Lloyds.

    End of last week, the Halifax rewards disappeared entirely, together with the selected offers.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,515 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    All my 3 have same e-mail, phone and log in credentials so probably an ongoing joining up exercise picking the easy & obvious first. I didn't have anything in BOS as I didn't have a card of any sort with them so no opportunity to get cashback then when all accounts became visible across all brands the cashback appeared.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 5,492 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    A lot of them have always been the same or similar, sometimes with different percentages. But never completely the same until recently (for Lloyds and Halifax - my Bank of Scotland offers are still different).

    Its only the last four weeks or so I've noticed Lloyds and Halifax are completely interchangeable, but I used one and it's mysteriously disappeared from the app brand I used it with, but still in the other one I didn't use it with.

    I think I may have to keep a close eye to make sure I get the correct amount of cashback, as it appears the merging between Halifax and Lloyds may not go completely smoothly.

    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,515 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 September at 8:08AM

    Disappearing when used seems to be the new normal. I used my Lloyds card and the offer has gone from all 3 apps. £11 back from a fill of petrol, very welcome.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.