We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Vinted Banning Me.
Hi, Just to say that I have had previous bans for selling stuff that is not explained very well on Vinted's website about what you can sell or cant . I was banned then reinstated and then permanetly banned . No appeal (from Vinted) from what I am reading here I am not alone. I am moving on but need a find a decent site , any recommendations ? TIA.
Comments
-
Depop is another option
Hello0 -
Don't take it personally, Vinted seem to spend a lot of time banning their users these days.
I still use eBay, despite all that's written and said about it it's the most effective (and cost-effective) way for me to sell off my unwanted stuff.
0 -
Vinted seem to ban a lot of people but are making life very difficult for sellers by not dealing with bad buyers
0 -
Vinted seem to have been banning loads of people recently, some for obviously rule breaches, and some that appear random. This has resulted in a great many new Sites setting up, there seems to be one a week at the moment , but they do suffer a bit with lack of advertising revenue and also the idea that they are full of sellers banned from Vinted.
BIdzzy was one of the first and seems to have attracted a lot of sellers , unfortunately not many buyers yet. There’s also Reluv and I think one called Relovex, but plenty more.
There is still eBay, which at least for me has started to pick up again recently, Facebook marketplace (make sure you understand how to safely take money and post to cover yourself) . If you were banned, like a great many other for selling hand made or customised items then look at etsy, although check costs.
One other thing, if dealing with a relatively new site, do your due diligence re money handling and safety.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1 -
Lots of people now taking Vinted to small claims or reporting to financial ombudsman because of their awful practices to try and get their money back. I have no idea what's going on with them but it;s wild, their ai is out of control. Lots of advice on the sad vinted faces website too on escalation routes
-1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


